Sunday, September 6, 2009

Worst Ride & A Cold

So, I woke up the middle of last night because I couldn’t breath. Damn weather gave me a cold. I popped a few pills and went back to bed. Then the dogs how to go outside man I got no sleep and I now have a cold it has gotten worse as the day progressed. Now I’m in full cold mode. Sniffle sniffle sniffle….

Today started with me conning my mom into going to the Sushi belt place. I told you it was my new favorite place! My mom doesn’t like sushi and was not to happy about going but I told her I would buy. Going there you could see the repulse in her face as we entered and all there was was Sushi. My goal was to get her to eat some. Her first question out of her mouth to the waitress was “Do you have anything else beside Sushi” I couldn’t help but laugh. The lady was nice and pointed mom toward the menu, they have soups, yakisoba and chicken katsu. She ordered Chicken Yakisoba because she wasn’t sure about the sushi strolling by. After watching the little plates stroll by she commented on getting dizzy sitting there.

I snatch my favorite roll of the belt which I was later told was a Ninja roll and insisted she eat one. She did and was pleasantly surprised. I then went about snatching everything and anything that caught my interested, I swear I would be perfectly content empting my entire wallet there. We tried a lot of things it was so much fun! We also asked a lot of questions, the chefs thought we were pretty funny. What’s that what’s that what‘s that? I made her try ‘real’ sushi with fish eggs ect and she didn’t like that. We even had to ask the chefs to make her a Ninja roll because she liked it so much. I insisted that she try a strawberry one and she later told me that that one ruined her. Its very un sushi if you know what I mean. It really doesn’t taste like Sushi at all. So she tried and like it, I’m so proud. Now I get to drag her there more often.

After we ate I went to the barn to work Wynter. The barn was a ghost town no one was there. He was super super quiet while I tacked him up. Since it was so quiet I went up and changed the radio while turning it up I took the photo below from upstairs. I didn’t do his mane today because I ran out of rubber bands. That needs to go on my list… Oh good idea I’m gonna add a shopping list for fun, should be on the right somewhere-------->

I decided that since we didn’t bow yesterday we had to work on it today. He was super good he went inches from the ground every time. Again he tried to pull back and we did a lot of circle but overall he was pretty good. He is getting it little by little.

We lunged him around and he was lazy but since I didn’t do anything with him yesterday he had to stay out on the lunge a little longer than usual. I snapped a shot of him after we were done warming up. Sorry I lost my charger for my camera so I’m stuck with cell phone photos. Your lucky I have photo shop or these would look even worse!

I snapped a photo of the fake ferns for you to see. Wynter has since given up that dream and ignores them when were at the mounting block.

So today started ok. I stuck him n the rail and let him walk around and then I took him in the middle to do out bending. He was super soft today like butter. I asked him for the trot and we did a lot of posting work using the whole arena we did figure eights and I did a few clover leafs with him to confuse him. Again I let him walk out a little after we jog a few feet. I manly did this to fake him out and mess with him I did.

When we went to canter our whole ride went to hell. Going left he was fine or rather correctable. He wasn’t prefect but when I corrected him he let me do it. Right was another story. He would not and I mean would not let me fix his shoulder. He just dropped it in making our circle tighter. I was the most successful the first time around. I never like cantering them into the ground so I usually do what one of my trainers called ‘short spurts of good’ then you ask them to start again. He was not to happy about having to go into the right lead when he knew he was going to have to work on the shoulder thing.

When I got him into the lope on the right lead he decided that he would not let me pull him up and back. He just ducked out and away from me. Ugg he pissed me off. Usually when I get pissed off I have to go to something else or its bad for the both of us. Trying to think of the base of the problem I went back to bending and backing because he suddenly started to get heavy again. This is when he got pissed off and I’m seriously surprised that he never not once kicked out or hopped he was relatively mellow for being so fricken defiant. As we bent he magnetized to the rail and slammed me into to it two times! I was not happy with him to say the least. After I got him off the rail and soft bending he decided he didn’t want to go. No a walk not a tort and never a lope.

Talk about iron sides! Ever heard of beating a dead horse, yeah. Ugg he must have been having a stallion day or something, he was just horrible. I was actually able to get him moving and into another round or two of lope to the right. When he did it and I was able to get a half assed centered canter for a split second I let him trot. I was in no mood to keep this argument as Jennifer says ‘Pick you battles’. We walked around a little more and that’s when Liz showed up and I ranted to her.

I chose to make him trot around again and Liz got to see first hand how lazy and dull he was being. Once I got him into a trot we post trotted around and for the first time I didn’t dismount on his precious rail. We didn’t get off near Liz either. He thought she would save him or something. So when I got off I was not happy with our ride but nothing was left ‘broken’. I got him to move and we worked the canter even if he didn’t want to. With that said I email Jennifer tonight. This week man this week and fricken Cowboy is gonna ride him. Wynter will love that! Ha ha ha… I’m not evil am I?

I have come to the point where I would rather spend money and get the problem sorted out by them then mess him up trying to fix it myself. When in doubt go to your trainer. I live by that law. The problems are never as big as they could be if you catch it in time. I play it safe.

I’m sure Jennifer won’t let Cowboy ride Wynter until she thinks I’m completely incompetent with fixing the problem myself. I have spent years with Jennifer and she is a great trainer. She makes me fix the problem so that way I know how to fix it in the future. Sometimes it does take one of them to jump on one of the horses bash it out and tada fixed, I then get to learn how they did it and how to continue with it. Many many wet saddle pads and hours! You have to think that Jennifer nor Cowboy have ridden or worked with Wynter since I took him home. I think a year is pretty darn good, he is about do for a refresher. Now that I think about it Jennifer has never ridden him. So yeah he is due. Oh do I ever love my trainers!!!!!

Oh to joy for Jennifer and Cowboy!!! So I will let you know if we go out there, it will be written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails