Saturday, September 5, 2009

Likit's

Wynter had a day off today so instead of not posting anything I decided to go over his favorite treat... Likits!



I won a Likit holder like the one see below (Orange in color though) a few years ago at a horse show. I had never had one and for a while it just sat around for a while. For a while I had a Jolly ball in with him and it never moved. The only time it moved was when we cleaned his stall. I tossed that in with the babies and I decided to give him the Likit.



He love's his! I have it hanging in the corner of his stall off of the tie ring. One licit will only last him about 4 days. Although I haven't kept close track. Rigth nwo its empty. I will have to go to get him a few when I go buy wormer. Then we can track and see how long one will last him.

If you have not seen or heard of them look into them. They are made in Scotland and there website is here. Some horses do not like them and others will eat them with in seconds. I know of one mare that could eat 5 in a day. They have to regulate her she only gets a few a week. You can find them anywhere, I usually get mine at the Co Op.

They come in many different falvors. I have only tried Carrot, peppermint, and apple. I did not type that wrong I have tried them. They actually don't taste that bad. Since I do not give Wynter treats by hand he gets his likits.



I wouldn't mind getting him a Snak-A-Ball they look like fun. I think he would like one of those. So that's I'll let you know what kind and when I get him a refill, so that we we can keep tabs on how long they last. I can even see what flavor he likes the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails