Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Long Day!

My day was just bad all day. At first I had an appointment at nine and when I get there they tell me its not till next week. That was Liz’s fault! She tells me she made an appointment and forgot to tell me what Tuesday it was for. They were able to squeeze me in at noon. It just went down hill and when I got to the barn I was hoping like crazy Wynter would be good.

I lunged him around just because he was walking on his tip toes round the pen. We only did it a few times each way and called it good. Again we sat by the mounting block for a while and then went to bending. With the bending I figured he was going to be a butt about him right shoulder. He would bend either to the right or left real good and then fall in or out. We kept at bending for a long time just because he was insistent about it.

I finely moved on to the trot and could feel that shoulder. Going right he was really pitching his butt out and dropping the shoulder. So I would push the hip in and pick the shoulder up. Again and again. We backed a few times, just because I couldn’t figure it out. Without anything else We did canter work and his right lead was just bad. He was going mock ten with his hip swung out and shoulder dove it. When I added leg he would pitch forward and swing his butt in. I was fine with the faster pace but today I just couldn’t sit his canter. I was bouncing all over and it bothered me… a lot. Once he got his butt in position we went about picking that shoulder up. He would toss everything he had on the rein and try and refuse to give. After a good sections of checking he was able to give to. He would then toss his outside shoulder out.

He was just a big puzzle that didn’t want to fit together today! At the time I wasn’t sure if he was making my day worse or miserable. So we did a lot of right canter work. We would do short spurts of good and stop for a breather. I was focusing on getting it through his head it he was correct he got to whoa. Then when we whoa’ed we had to work on how to walk of centered. He would either try and back up or dive out to the right like a drunk. So we work on going forward when he was asked to go forward.

We did even more canter work and when he gave up at the hardest part of our circle we whoa’ed. He did a reiner stop and stood there for a while. Then we went to stop go until he walked off centered. I had the option of doing a little more trot work with him but I was tired and I didn’t want to open up another can of worm. I also figured I may as well stop him on a good note.

After we cooled out I asked for the whoa and he halter off of voice alone. I was surprised he stopped just because it was a whisper or a whoa. I was just about to say it louder with purpose like I should have done in the first place when he stopped. I was happy and when I started to swing off I hung off of him for a second. And patted his right rib cage with my hands. His ears flicked but he could have cared less. I love him so much. We sprayed him off and I put him in his room for the night.
Ohh and his likit only lasted the night! So he either loves that peppermint flavor or he loves his likit. I’m going to wait untill Saturday or Sunday to put the apple one in. On top of that I noticed the ones I bought at the co op are not ‘Likit’ brand the are ‘Jolly’ it will be interesting to see the difference. I still haven’t gotten my stuff from sstack yet. Should be here any day now they are always really good about shipping.

I also found a lady who will do blanket repairs without requiring then to wash them there selves. Every blanket person I found required that they wash them. I just can’t afford to send my blanket to some one and pay to get them fixed and washed when I can wash them myself. So I have to gather some of my blanket to get them repaired before winter. Most of my stable blanket and sheets are needing some serious fixing!

Sorry this is so very short. I’m sure you can tell that I am exhausted. I will try and be a little more up beat tomorrow. Today was just long and not all that for filling. I will say even if Wynter didn’t give me the best of rides he got my mind off of things and I was able to smile afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails