Friday, September 11, 2009

Police

I’m happy to announce that I was able to order everything on my list today. I love sstack.com! The rubber bands are back ordered though but that’s ok. Hopefully I can get my rowels before I go to lessons on Thursday. I also reordered a sheet for Wynter. I can’t find his sheet anywhere, it’s not in either barns or the horse trailer thus I just bought him a new one. I would just toss some one else’s blanket on him but he is a 76 where the rest are 70 and 72. In other news the girls will be back staring tomorrow for lessons. Liz and Sammy come out three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday for lessons. That means Arlo and Marquisse will be getting there work for the day. I also got a phone call from my 6th grade teacher (which is weird) wanting to bring her kids out for lessons. So there coming out tomorrow to check out the horses. My winter just got a lot busier. See I told you it got crazy during the winter! I told you!

I’m really getting sick and tired of the way Wynter has been sleeping. I can not wait for his blanket to get here. He was a disaster today. He had crusty poop and pee on his back. Just how can a chestnut coat get a stain line? Seriously. After I brushed his hair out, I like him to look good and it wouldn’t completely brush out we tacked up. Today is the first day that I have ever just jumped on him and I was a little concerned but he has been a champ all week and I got gutsy. The trainer was giving a lesson which I love to. I will give you a tip as a rider trainer horse enthusiasts. If you get a chance to watch a lesson of ANY type need be western, dressage, jumping, gaming, what ever watch. You learn so much. It’s one of the greatest way to learn and I love doing it. I get on Wynter with the mounting block being right in front on the trainer who was sitting in the chair. The trainer points out I don’t have rowels, I know that, thanks I ordered new ones today.

It may have been my imagination but Wynter felt tense standing at the block, I think it was my brain saying ‘you didn’t lunge him you dolt.’ But whatever he didn’t move and when I asked for forward he backed up. We had to turn so we didn’t run the trainer over and then he found his forward. We bent for a while staying out of the way of the girl working on her flying changes. We then went to trot work when she started to jump down the center line. I had to keep my eyes up to watch where she was and where she was going. Arena etiquette #5 stay out of the way of lessons. So Wynter and I had to maneuver around and away from her making sure we weren’t in the way. I think it was good for him as it wasn’t a pattern it was completely random as I would making him go when I could. Over all he was really good. He tried slamming the right shoulder into the rail, I actually did a shoulder turn to get him off on the idea s he did it a few times in a row. After I got that over with he was ok. Going left is getting better daily it’s the darn right side that is getting to me, but it is getting better. I think I’m missing something, I’m sure Jen will point it out plain as day but I’m gonna try and figure it out before then.

After out trot work the lesson was over and I spent a good 10 minutes circling the pen talking with the girl about training horses and breeds. I was slightly concerned that Wynter would think he was done but he went back to his trot work with out a second thought. I was happy about how he handled walking next to the other horse. It was a gelding and Wynter never even consider flirting. I had figured walking les than a few feet from each other he would at least give him a look. Nope nothing he just didn’t care.

We were starting our canter work when the trainer came back in on a training horse. Our circle work was better today and I have a hard time describing why it was better than yesterday. He was still heavy and still fell in and out. I suppose the fact that he only took off on the wrong lead twice was a big deal. That was it then his leads were better and he seemed more centered cantering right today. Wynter also went back to being super low in his neck on the circles and I had to bang him up a few times and then let him go around out of the bridle so to keep his head up. The trips around the pen felt like crap today. They were wiggly and speedy and a little odd. We finished our ride by doing a circle to the right. He was really really good and I called it a day.

Right as we come out of our down transition the trainer asked me why there was a state patrol down on the road. Our arena is open on the side facing the small street that comes off the main road. There is a gravel driveway to the barn and four other homes. There was a stater sitting on the street at the entrance of the gravel road. As I cooled Wynter off we started hearing a lot more sirens and noise. We were both curious but went back to riding. When I told Wyn to whoa he ignored me so we backed and I said it again and he stopped. I will bet his gets it tomorrow.

When I dismounted and when to scoop up his pile in the pen my cell sounded off. I missed it and called my grandmother back when I was un tacking Wynter. Who shook his head after I had all his straps off sending the bridle quite literally flying from his head. With my cell in one hand I had a heck of a time putting his halter one. Luckily he never budged his feet he had a beautiful window to bolt off and see girls but he was quite content on starring at the ground. He wasn’t as sweaty as yesterday but still lazy is lazy.

My grandma then goes on about how there is a billion cop cars all over and ask me if I know what’s going on. I have been at the barn all day and have no idea. She asked me to call my mom who needs to take a tank of air back to the doctor. My grandpa ran out of air in his tank and had to borrow one from the doctor. So I text my mom. She proceeds to tell me that there is a guy running around our house (which is the next street over from the barn) with an axe. They told her to stay indoors because he was armed and dangerous and was in the area. On top of that they gave my little brother a ride home from the bus because they thought it wasn’t safe. The best part she locked her keys in the truck! Ha ha.

A while later my grandma calls and said our neighbor though it was a guy with a gun running around and that they caught him. By then there was a plane 2 helicopter and like a billion cop cars in the area. My farrier calls because he is supposed to come out and I tell him to be careful cops are everywhere. The whole thing doesn’t end until our farrier leaves. He came and did Wynters feet (which I will go over in a second) and then had to go to another appointment and come back to do the other eight.

Wynter acted like I hadn’t taken him from his stall in weeks. He was so rude. He gets insanely board while he is getting his feet done and I have to play with him to keep his brain entertained. The best part what the our farrier’s helper was pulling his front shoes off when the barn pig comes up. Now mind you she is HUGE like bigger than a great dane. They were nervous that Wynter would try and kick her but he could have cared less. So the pig was sniffing Wynter raised hoof as the helper pulled him front shoe, she then meandered out of the barn. Wynter only has a half set, which means that he only has in front shoes and is barefoot behind. I haven’t had to put shoes back there yet. He wears down a lot of toes making his feet pretty blocky so we put shoes on him when we was getting started. Since then I haven’t changed it. The more he shows the more I will consider tossing two more show son him.

As our farrier trimmed his back left he was a little rude about it. Not kicking but swinging his foot not wanting him to told it. Our farrier is really neat and tolerated him well. I told him next time to smack him for it, he has no business being rude. I can’t correct him for it with the guy holding his foot up or he would get squished. The right side he tried it again and again the guy tolerated it and then let him drop and smacked him. I was all happy about that, saying ‘there, way to go, he needed that!’ When he went for his foot again he was an angel. He is a really simple stallion, one smack and he is like… fine.

When the helper came to finish his front feet he was just annoying to me. Wynter kept leaning into the halter, he was just board, I mean dead board. It was so very dull to have his feet done, it was like me in wall mart. I can’t be in wal mart for more than 20 mins and I go crazy. I don’t know what it is but it just messing with me, I zone out get a headache and become a little off walking around the store. He was the same way. Wal Martized.

After they left I lunged Forba and Mc. Forba is looking better her eyes and attitude is already shaping back up and her back was tighter today, the muscle looked a lot better. Mc was lazy and not to happy about going back to work.

I skipped off up to the house to make our farrier his favorite cookies. Chocolate chips with walnuts. You have to take care of your farrier! I was just able to pull a second batch out when he arrived. All the horses were good today. I was anticipating Chance to be a bugger about it. This was only his second time and he is very very skeptical of humans. He isn’t sure why we exists. It a colt thing on out farm. All the boys are cautious of humans until there about a year and then they come around. Our fillies are bossy little things, and are in there term invincible. Today Chance never pulled away and stood really still. I was very very impressed.

With that my day were wrapped up. I found out that this guy running around was caught. He was caught on our road. I guess he hijacked a car with either and Axe or gun and drove all over until hitting a cop and ending up on our road. Fun stuff! The adventures we have around this place, if its not horses it’s the dogs if its not the dogs it the family if its not the family it things like this!

I haven’t decided if I want to ride Wynter tomorrow of not. The other two will be. I may just lunge him although I may just ride him, I haven’t decided yet.

Below is a link to the News about what happend today.
1 in custody in Skagit Co. carjacking, chase Local News Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather KING5.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails