Friday, September 4, 2009

Sushi, Trucks & Shoulder

I did Wynter in sections today. This morning I let him romp around the arena for a while. After he ran around a bit I asked him to connect with me and he did. He never not even once thought about leaving me and he trotted here and there, our turning is still off but he was really good. As long as I scratch him, he just loves that. While we were trotting around my best friend Kayt texted me as ask if I wanted to go to lunch. After texting back, he just stood there and looked around while I typed, I haltered him and put him in his room. You could tell by his face that he was a little confused.

We went to the Sushi belt place. First off I love sushi and am subjective on the kind that I eat. If you don’t like sushi this paragraph will mean little to you thus you could skip it if you would like ;) So we went to this Sushi belt place and it was so fickin good! You sit down around this horseshoe shaped island. On the island is a ‘belt’ that is moving little plates of food around. It never stops and is pretty entertaining to watch, I admit I was pretty amused just watching the food stroll by. Anyway, each plate is a different color, each color is a different price. I think the most expensive plate was $4. I had like 5 plates and one pop and was stuffed! I cannot tell you enough that the sushi was good! I mean you never get that good of sushi for that price! I spent a total of $10.86 on my lunch and was stuffed with great sushi. My favorite sushi place is like $14.99 a plate not including your drink and there you get one roll. This place you can try as many different flavors as you wanted. I can't remember what my favorite one is called but I had one today with a strawberry and whipped cream on top. It sounds weird but I think it may be my new favorite. I’m am so eating there again. Its my new favorite place.




Once back home I skipped off to the barn to ride and invited Liz out to keep me company. Since out horse trailer is full of stuff still she didn’t have any tack but hopped on Toccata bareback. I thought this was pretty good for Wynter having a mare in the pen with him again. He has a super breed recognition. He could care less if it is a quarter horse mare and they can be a total tease for him but he wouldn’t care. If it’s a Haflinger a gelding even he nickers. He knows that he can have those. I’m not sure what he would think if he saw just palomino! He would be so confused.




I lunged him around before Liz got there. Again I didn’t do him to hard just because I had work with him a little bit ago, so it was a blood flow thing again.
The ferns caused no problems today, at least for Wynter, Toccata tried them a few times. I backed him from the stool and bent him around for a while today. He was so so soft. Our fist half was super easy. He just jogged and cantered perfect. He got his leads and was great. Than again I wasn't being to picky.

That’s about the time I decided to get a little anal with him. I could have stopped him there and called it a day but no I had to mess with him! I figured I may as well work on the lope. Going right he really drops his shoulder in. He got a little irritated with me because there was this really cute mare watching him and he was being made out to look like a retard. The braid he had wasn't helping. I'm sure we was regretting standing so still while I did his mane, he even rested his foot while I did it. He he.

I knew it was because Toccata was in there. He started to do the drunken pony thing. When we would halt he would go every way but forward. As long as I had him set up correctly he would take off right but his left lead was off after I started to be picky about his shoulder. It was like if he couldn’t d it his way he was done.

I made him work through it and I worked really hard on his right shoulder. Now its strange riding a horse that dropped the inside shoulder. You would think it would be an outside rein thing right? No it isn’t. You have to check with the inside rein to pick them up and set them on there hindquarter using your left rein for steering. Pulling on the right rein I felt funny and I’m sure my eq was showing it. Then again it worked and he started to pick himself up and use his butt. We did that for a while going from the right and left leads working on shoulder control. He was none to please about it.

I did a little on his body parts and went over ‘this is your butt’ and he did very well. He is a little unsure about the butt and side pass but he has the shoulders down. Which sounds funny since he can't keep them centered at the canter. Cooling him off Liz decided it would be fun to torture him for a little bit. She walked Toccata right next to him. His face was priceless! He tilted his ear and you could just hear him repeating in his head ‘I don’t see her I don’t see her… Oh but she’s so darn cute!’ about then he would nicker. The action always caused retribution from me. He gets smacked for talking.

I compare a stallion nickering to man shouting across the bar at a women “Hey sexy I’m over here” or “Nice ass“. Its totally inappropriate and rude, the same goes for whinnying and screaming although that is a little different. It reminds me of a guy running around a bar screaming “I’m single and horney!!!” It’s all testosterone. I’m trying to get Wynter to be that gentleman in the corner sipping on a martini. Sexy and elusive. He has yet to figure if he does that he gets more girls.



Now you have to think that he is only a teenager so the showing off and shouting is age appropriate but still. He really does need to be a gentleman. Now with saying that he is a very very good four year old stallion that has covered a mare before. Most are a lot more obnoxious. He is very laid back and rarely talks. As we cooled off around the pen Toccata got closer and closer to him. At one point he got a little Closter phobic and wanted to bolt forward. I felt him gather and take a few fast steps and I cut him off, he stopped and realized he couldn’t run from the mare. Who knew? His thoughts were “if I can’t have he, get the hell away from her!” Ha ha silly stallion. Over all, he did good.

Oh crap I totally forgot to mention his kick out. It wasn’t a buck but a little kick out that he got in serious trouble for doing. I just can’t remember why he did it…. It may have been because I wanted him to go forward centered under me. No no no I remember. He kept wanting to throw himself into the wall when we were working on his lope. When I went to do a transition he would throw his shoulder out and stick to the wall. Cutting him off I closed that door and when he blew through me I think I kicked him. I wasn't about to let him have his way. I think he kicked out because he couldn't go on the wall and I was being mean about it. He got in trouble and didn’t do it again although he still tried to drift to teh rail. He loves the rail! I suppose that is my fault.

I have been training him to be a pleasure horse and do most of his work in the center he gets to jog and cool off on the rail and those are easy. So that’s my fault. Again I’m trying to get to Jennifer hopefully next week. I didn’t do anything with the bow as we were in a rush to get back to the house. I had to run to the vet clinic to get our Chihuahua’s epilepsy meds and our Labs arthritis medicine.

Can you believe how much that stuff cost! One bottle for our arthritic dog that will only last one month cost $77!!! Spoiled rotten thing. I swear my dogs and horses are going to put me in a homeless shelter.




On another note just because I can write about it, I hope to be getting new speakers in my truck. Wahoo!!! It already has a good system but my mom has a few subs and an amp laying around and I am latching onto them. I'm only 20 so I have an excuse ha ha. I already called my friend and he will be out this weekend to install them. I will then be able to rock out when I got to the barn. Ha ha, you gotta love rock music. Mom and I spent all evening yesterday putting a windshield sticker on my truck. Here’s a question for you. How long does it take for a Virgo and a Sagittarius to put on a windshield sticker? Ohh lets say about 3 hours!!!!!! I advise you never to do it yourself, have someone else do it. They are a bitch to put on. Then again I love it and have no regrets, it looks really good. I have to order a Haflinger one from the AHR for my truck, mom’s dodge has one but now I need one. Gotta do some breed promotion you know ;)

Ok ok enough about my truck. Wynter was good and we were able to work on things that need addressing. I have to start getting a little meaner to him as he gets better. My goal curb bit by the end of next show season at the latest. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails