Monday, September 14, 2009

Catch Up and not Heinz

Friday was a long day. I started by giving Kitt his meds and working Forba. She is looking a lot better, although she is really bracing on the inside rein. I’m not riding her yet just lunging her with a cersingle and bridle. I’m trying to get her in the zone before I jump on her. She really needs to build some muscle up before I make her going under saddle so were lunging for a bit. When I was rinsing her off my teacher came in with her daughter. We started talking while I did Forba. Who in all actuality was really quite good for not having been in the big barn in months. She got rinsed and was a little pushing going back to the pasture. I didn’t correct her to much as my teacher was right there. Not sure what kind of first impression she would have had if I started correcting Forbs in front of her.

I pulled Toccata out of her stall so the girl could brush her a bit while we talked. Toccata stand like a rock so I had no worries. Again a good reason not to sell her right? Right? Ha ha.

Anyway after that I chilled for a while until Liz came around. Sammy didn’t show because she said she didn’t feel good. SO I jumped on Wynter just a little bit before Liz got to the barn. We tacked up quickly and stood next to the mounting block for a long time. Again the trainer was cracking jokes, telling me I had a crazy one. He was a little tense today and I walked around getting his muscles stretched and his blood flowing. The trainer did a combination down the center line which we were very close to the third jump and the horse caught it sending the pole tumbling down. Wyn’s ears twitched but he kept walking. I sent him to work at the trot completely forgetting to bend. I have no idea why I forgot but I did. I remember where he got unusually heavy doing figure eights. So we halted and bent a while. After that he was a lot softer.
We did a little trot work and since he is getting better and better we haven’t been going for so long. He was really good and when Liz came in with Marz he had a hard time concentrating. He thought he had to nicker at her when he got close.

Our canter work is getting better, we went to the other end of the pen away from ‘distraction’. We went left first and he was basically the same although when he gave his gave and centered himself for a longer amount of time. Going right we had to do a few transition just because he didn’t want to go on the correct lead. Went went around for a long time because he would get centered. He was trying to brace and fall out while swing his butt out. SO we went around and around. Once he gave it was a super soft give and he was very very correct. So we stopped there. His head set was low at moments but over all he wasn’t all to low, about 50 50.

We stood and watched Liz ride Marz around. Who I had to make fun of she usually ride Arlo dressage but was soar from something and wanted to ride western. After I watched them for a second I cooled Wynter out who again thought it was necessary. When I asked for whoa he blew threw it again but his ears twitched back so I asked one more time and he stopped. I had to mad rush stripping him and rinsing him off and he was ok with it, though he was wondering why I was rushing. I needed to be quick as Liz was only half way done with her lesson and I tied Wynter in his room. I figured he needed some time to ‘himself’.

Our lesson was good except Marz was very very tense and wanted to canter the whole time. So we worked on that and Liz needs to work on her lower legs. She parks them out like she is riding a reining horse. We need to work on her seat and legs.

So anyway I didn’t pay to much attention to the Rid eon Wynter because I had to give Liz her lesson. I was like on Auto pilot when I rode him. I paid enough attention to get the work done but didn’t file it deep enough in my brain to write about it sorry if it was short or hit and miss.
On another note Justin helped me with horses that night. We traded off I said I would help him with home work if he helped me with horses. So on our way back home he asked why I didn’t use my high beams in my truck. Instead of telling him I showed him when we go to our drive way. I tapped the high beam button on the floor and within 20 seconds the power to the light cut out and it was pitch black. He was like Ohhh that’s why. It was funny. I laughed pretty hard. I slowed down to turtle speed and flicked the lights a few times until they came on.




Yesterday was spa day at the barn which means that we went and clipped everyone and re wrapped tails. Since everyone’s tail have been down for a few months it was no easy task. Liz and I spent all day in the wash rack and grooming room! The only one we didn’t get to was Wynter because his are still in although they are falling apart. I will redo them in the next week. He got the day off.

Oh oh and exciting news! My friend finely came over and put the subs in the back of my truck!!! It sounds fantastic but not as fantastic as it will sound when I get an amp back there. Right now I don’t have one but it will be soon. I love it anyway, it sounds great Liz is in love with my truck now ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails