Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teasing Forba Day One

First of all I want to tell you guys about Wynter’s sister blog! Not really a sibling but another blog that I have started involving our breeding. More specifically Marquisse. I will be tracking her breeding through carrying, foaling and then follow the baby as it gets older. As we are also breeding two other mares updates on those two will probably be gone over as well.

So here is the link… Its the most Fantastic Thing

If you go to the other blog you will be able to get a better run down of what happened with the vet today. After our vet left I went and got Wynter out of his pasture and half way down the hill I slipped his chain through his mouth. I lead him over to Marquisse who happened to be at the end run and let him flirt. He loved that! He loves it! He then pranced his way to his room in all his stud glory.

I pulled his blanket off and brought him into the wash rack and got the warm water going and then Liz brought up Forba. He was so happy. My goal was to have him drop so I could clean him but he took forever! My gosh he is such a newbie. He just stood there and nickered at her for ever.

Forba was hysterical. She is usually a crack head 80% of the time but she is so Haflinger like when around Wynter. She just stood there and did the ogling eyes at him. Can you say Mcdreamy, ha ha ha. Wynter was blowing and snorting so much that he was blowing her hair around and she just stood there a suck it up and lovely like. She then nibbled on his nose and he lost it. He dropped.

I rushed in and got the Excalibur on it and was able to get it almost all off when he sucked it back up. It took a while and after he tried to rear several times in the cross ties. Which was the only then he got yelled at for. He was really good about that. He’d rear up and I’d grab his lead as he still had the chain in his mouth and check him once. He would hop down. Most of the time all I had to day was Hey in a slightly sharp voice and he’d keep all four hooves on the ground. Super nice guy really.

He was really good about the whole thing he kept looking at me like this was the most frustrating thing in the world. Here was a girl in front of him that I was not saying no to and he was in the CROSS TIES. Ahh poor poor stallion. I was happy to see how respectful he was to me most of the time. He would do a big douse of flirting and then look at me mostly to make sure it was still ok.

He then dropped again and I was able to get the last of it and the he sucked it up again. That time I just grabbed the hose and went about spraying him up there and he dropped much quicker. He must have liked the warm water. I got him all nice and clean and nodded to Liz to take Forba away. He wasn’t to happy about that. He looked at me like WHAT are you KIDDING? I pulled his chain from his mouth and tossed it under his chin.

I let him get away with yelling but I did smack him for prancing back to him room. I just left him at that I didn’t want to bother wrestling with him to stand still for his blankets then. So Liz and I took Marz and Arlo out for a ride when we came back I put his blanket on. He was still an ass and got in serious trouble for not standing still. I held up his blanket and he let me put it around his neck but then he took a step around me and forward. We went around the stall for about 5 second of me being nice when I threw the blanket over him and smacked him around the stall for a second. After that he stood still. I’m sorry but there is a time and place for acting like that and blanketing was not one of them. Gosh MEN, I swear.

When I end or rather if I end up with a husband the saying “Every thing I know I learn from my horse” will ring dreadfully true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails