Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Cover

FYI this post is a bit on the graphic end as it involves hand breeding. Cal yourself officially warned.

We teased Forba and Wynter yesterday evening and he loved it. It took him forever to drop though. I’m was worried that it would take him forever to get ready.

Today we go to the barn late but I wanted to cover Forba anyway. I brought her in through the arena and tied her in an empty stall. Fetching Wynter I let him tease her for a bit so that he could get in the mood. I was also waiting for my mom to arrive.

When she got there I brought Wynter to his room and she tied Forba’s tail so that it was out of the way. She then brought her in the pen and I went in with Wynter. Two steps out of his stall and he was prancing and whinying. I think he is learning! Ha ha ha mocho man he is neck arch and all. He is really good off of the chain in his mouth and is very very respectful of me which I appreciate. He went into the pen like the stud that he is and Forba stood like a rock. She is the world best are for a green stallion. She stood very still for him as he nickered at her and told her sweet nothings. He then started nipping her all over which I remember he had done the year before. I would let him to little love nips but I would yank on his face if he tried to bite. He would also sniff her beck legs and I was worried that he could kick and nail him to I wouldn’t let him sniff passed her hocks. He found that frustrating a few times. I never gave him the opportunity to mount her when he was not ready. I’d check him before he could take lift off.

The new guy that he is he decided that he was ready and he wanted her. Before I could pull him he reared up and mounted her. The thing was he was breeding her flank. Seriously men, she should know where to put the thing I swear! Stallions are strong I reamed on him but he would come down and on top of that I didn’t want to yank him off of her which I could have done. The reason being he was hard and it was slammed into her side I did not want to risk hurting him. So I check him and had mom walk Forba forward. She was reluctant to move for him. I swear here he is not even in the right spot and she will stand for him.

Once we did that he suck it back up and he had to sniff her for a few seconds and then he mounted in the correct spot. I would hate to be a mare. He landed on her hard and kept moving his front feet around on her sides. You can tell he is new because it took him all of 5 second to finish and slide off of her. I was not to happy as most of it ended up on the arena floor. He came back pretty quick and started to try and flirt with her again but I figured that would work for the first time. We will do it tomorrow and hope for a better cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails