Friday, February 12, 2010

Liz Rode Wynter & Show Saddles

Today Liz got me up and was begging me to go on a trail ride… and it was raining. Ah I don’t think so I am what they call a fair weather rider. Just because I have a trailer horses tack and gas in my truck doe not mean that the gods of weather are shining upon us inviting us to go on a trail ride. Nope not today they were really saying they wanted to water the trails not crazy riders on there not very happy freezing wet horses. So I told her no over and over again and she just kept at it so I said maybe if it stops raining after my lesson at three. She then happily offered to ride Wynter for me.

So I went to the barn an hour before my lesson and gave a lesson to Liz on Wynter. Is my boy in shape or is he in shape we did a lot of canter work and I barely got him winded! Not once did he ever break out in sweat he barely got warm and we only had two short walk breaks. Hmm well I guess I shouldn’t complain about a horse that is in shape right?

Well, Liz walked and trotted him around and did a bunch on canter work with him. I really think her riding him helps her more than it does him. He is the poster child of a green horse ready for a cub bit. He is uber soft knows his body parts and love to work. He is really right where he needs to be training wise and in fact he is better off than the rest of my herd. The only one not corrupted. He was started correctly and I know a lot more now than I did with ay of the other horses.

I think we figured this was the 3 or 4th time Liz has ridden him and it was good. He really shows her what a western horse ‘should’ feel like. He also carries his own head so her hands get a vacation which is not the norm. He does have shoulder issues as you al know and since Liz has been having that issue with Toccata this was a good lesson for her. You can really feel when he is off in the shoulder because he just stops all correct functioning. That helped her on her feel she was saying that she forgot how much fun he was to ride he is so easy and uncomplicated. He really is if you know a little about riding a show horse.

Riding a show horse at least any of mine are backward. The leg aids for canter are backward and you steer with the outside rein bla bla a lot of people get confused. Then again I teach a lot of beginner riders. All in all it was a great ride for them both and I am glad she got him out.

In other news my 5 year old student trotted off of the lunge line for the first time today I am so proud. So was she, she was beaming!

I really want a show saddle! The few photos you see me riding in a show saddle are in borrowed ones. I got a few very nice friends but they have since sold all here show stuff so I have no resources to a show saddle. To bad they cost an arm and a leg! I have been keeping my eyes open and for fun I wanted t post a few of my dream saddles and there ummm prices… Seriously I’d have to take out a small loan for some of these I will also post a few low quality saddles so that you can see the difference.

So anyone wanna pitch in and get a nice pleasure saddle for Wynter?

I have a hard time trying to decide on a color they have about 20 different shades I swear! They have this super white one which I don’t care for honestly then they have a honey, red, chocolate and black. In the beginning I thought a dark oil saddle would really pop on Haflinger but I’m not really sure anymore. What do you guys think?

Brand name wise my all time favorite is Dale Chevez! I love them! My trainer let me use her DC show saddle for several shows and I kick myself in the butt every show for not buying it! It was very comfortable and it fit the Haflinger’s back nicely. Now if I had the money blue ribbons would be sweet but alas I do not.

Then there is always tooling. They have about 10 different ways of tooling and you can mix and match most any of them. Talk about custom. I like the rode or flower ones I really don’t like the basket look.

Here are some neat saddles….



This one is ok I don’t care for the tooling on the edges and I like a smaller horn but it is very pretty only $6,500 not including the pad which is an extra $275



I know I said I don’t like the basket tooling but I would be happy to put his on any of our guys! Again $6,500.



I do not care for this one but I did one to point out the horn. Like the one above it is a silver horn which I have a soft spot for but with saying that look at the difference. I like the smaller fat horn of the one above. That is the perfect horn in my book. This guy is only $6,200



This one almost looks reiner like to me it has a very small skirt unlike all the others it does not come down all that far. A bargain at $6,000



I kinda like this one. I think the gold would really pop on a Haflinger. It also looks smaller not so bulky on a Haflinger either. This is only $6,200.



…. I am nearly speechless!! I really think that this would POP on a Haflinger. This one is the icing on the cake at $7,200.



I found this one different. I looks huge! I think it could quite nearly eat Wynter! Pony eater at $5,400



Same saddle as the black/tan stunner above but this time a chestnut lining instead. This could also make a Haflinger look sheik. Wynter would love it! Cheaper too at $6,400.



The squared off edges are a new thing… or at least 5 to 7 years new. They look sharp but some horses can’t ware them. They are like skinny jeans, some look good and some do not. I think Wynter could pull the look off. I always thought he was a pretty edgy guy! $5,400



Talk about ice! $6,000



I just had to post this mainly for reference later. I would not buy it but to each there own. Remember this price $4,950.

I found all of the above at http://www.windstormranch.com/

Next website… http://www.sackettridge.com/ the first thing I noticed was the price difference. Wow. That black and tan one above that is selling for $7,200 is only $4,999.99 talk about a steal!! Ha ha ha I am cracking myself up. Seriously though that is a HUGE price difference. Talk about checking around, my advice show here ha ha.



This is bar none, hands down the nicest Circle Y I have EVER seen. Steal it for $3,799.99



This is a pretty nice Billy Cook saddle I found at http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/ for $3,052.50

br1

Blue Ribbon saddle need I say more… $10,845

Br2

Choke a the price of….S11,396.

BR3

USED Blue Ribbon for only $6,550.


Okay I thought BR were spendy…. Here are some Harris saddles.



Only $13,795 but it is a frickin nice saddle!



I love the fender details on theses saddles! Sweet for $16,795.



Love the diamonds on this one, $14,195.



This would look really sharp on Wynter for $12,595.



This is my all time favorite saddle design. The saddle bags LOVE them!! $11,095.

Well, darn as much fun as that was it does not put one on Wynter’s back.

1 comment:

  1. You have very good range of show saddle. I have never seen such a good eye catching saddles. Really good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails