Thursday, February 11, 2010

Last Sunday

I have been slacking and it is not really to fault my laziness. It was a know fact that my computer died.... It was very very sad but luckily my Dad came to the rescue and brought it to the same guy who fixed his. Well, it took a life time but I got it back yesterday from the doctor! I was so excited I hugged it and kissed it.

I have been riding Wynter believe it or not. I rode him to get ready for the EMR show last Sunday (Feb 7, 2010). He was schooling pretty good I think... ohhh yes we has a very very bad ride! I remember now he tried to crow hope and rear and buck and he got his butt whooped every time he tried once he got over all that he was a rock star. Stallions I swear!

On show day we arrived and had to park in the back because the font of the parking lot where we usually park was full. As we pull up into the back parking lot I seen my trainers trailer and I got super excited!! I haven't seen her forever.... after registering I started to tack up Wynter and she came back to her trailer which I slammed my trailer next to. She was happy and came and gave me a hug. She also said she LOVED her Christmas present which I sent off a while ago... it was late but she got it. She said she loved it and it looked just like her stallion. Here I will add a photo I took before I popped it in the mail.

Ggold

It was super neat to see her but she couldn't stay for western which was a bummer. Now I am itching to get a lesson. His warm up was great and he was really good loud but good. He was a lot more content and quieter when Toccata was near when she went off he wasn't to happy. So we stood there in the rain and waited for classes. I only entered two as I am broke!

Our first class was horrid! He was WAY to forward now if I was riding English he would have won hands down but he was a freight train. Then again I tend to act like a perfectionist when at shows but still. Anyways it was an Eq class and I was schooling so we got 6th. My eq has seriously taken a nose dive since I started. I need to start working on that. Maybe I could ride Forba and do that?

So before our pleasure class I was working some of the energy out of Wynter in the round pen which is the shows warm up pen. I just went from a canter to a walk when this girl who was having trouble with her horse back right into Wynter. She has been have forward issues for a while and I was giving her space but her mare just made a u shape and slammed into Wynter hip. He has NEVER had anyone hit him before so I was not sure what was going to happen. Before I knew it he planted both back feet on the mare. Now this is where my brain kicked in right after all the stay in the saddle mumbojumbo. I could have kicked his royal ass for it but you know what she back into me and he was already worked up about the whole deal. My first instinct was to ignore it and put him straight back to work. I pulled him away and trotted him off and then stopped him and looked at the girl. First I asked if her mare was ok and she nodded while petting her mare rump then I said I was sorry but he was a stallion. She just glared at me and said well where lucky she didn't kick back. I smiled and put him back to work. I sure am happy I don't have back shoes on Wynter, that is for sure. I was not at all happy with the girl attitude like it was my fault she in fact backed into me but getting in an argument about it would have gotten neither of us or our horses anywhere. So I let it go and like I said went back to work.

Now with all that over with I look back at it and wonder if I should have killed him for kicking? My first instinct was to get him moving forward and doing something else getting his mind off of the fact that some one just body slammed him. It worked after we stopped he was nice and relaxed like nothing happened. I tend to just go with my gut feeling when I ride I try not to over think. When you over think you tend to miss your time limit with horses. So I will have to ask my trainer when I go see her what she would have done. I have a feeling she would have killed him but you never know.

I had to take a few days off from riding as I had a HUGE group speech project to do today and now that it is over I feel SO much better. I now need to get back to practice as I plan on going to the Horseplay show down in Spanaway on the 20th. I have yet to find out if I will be going alone or not. I hope I can find someone to go with me or convince my trainer to go ha ha.

I will leave you with a photo I found online. If it was chestnut wit flaxen mane and tail it would be Wynter to the t. It made me laugh pretty hard. This is soooooo Wynter except he has 3 blankets and a neck warmer on.

Freezing Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails