Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

New years day… was the starter day right? So today I went to the barn to give my lesson and before she arrived decided to let Wynter ply in the round pen. So I went in the big barn to grab him and nearly laughed. He really did look like a wild stallion. His hair on both side of his neck his eyes just barely visible from under the forelock. Thank goodness he was clipped a week ago or he would have really looked like he had just come down from the alps. He was just standing there looking around board. Then he seen me and was like MOM. Oh my gosh! He was way to cute. I haltered him and brought him to the round pen. Which I am very surprised it isn’t flooded, it’s not covered and will retain water after it rains a lot. I turned him out and being a gentleman he waited till I had vacated the pen to jump in the air and trot around. As he played I opened the run doors for Tanoka and Chance. Tanoka had to leap and bound like a bucking bronco while Chance just walked around. I wasted some time tiding up the small barn when I looked down at my phone. It was an half an hour past our lesson time. I shrugged it off, she may have forgot since it was new years.

Then I went out into the round pen and played with Wyn a bit. I didn’t feel like doing to much as I am still in lazy mode and we had to go get a few bags of pellets to tie us over until tomorrow. He is really good at join up and was connected the instant I entered the pen. He walked around and just kinda got both of our brains back into the thinking mode. We trotted a little here and there and he lost his connection on his left side. He didn’t want to swing his hind end out like he does on his right side. When he lagged he got sent around the pen at a canter. Mind you he still had his two blankets on. Like I said LAZY!

We did that for a while and while I was doing this I looked over at my arena. We have a 204 X 80 covered arena and here I was standing in the clod wind under threatening dark clouds. Don’t tell my grandpa! Wynter loved the work or rather he loved it when I gave him attention. I’d rub him on his face and neck and swoop my arm over him. He was just really lovely today, his eyes just kept telling me that he was enjoying himself.

After that I took him into the small barn for a challenge and being the gentleman that he is he didn’t say a peep. I put him in the cross ties with Arlo on one side and Chance on the other. He stood proudly but didn’t talk or dance around. Brushing his mane so it looked like a civilized stallion I opted out on clipping. I can’t seem to find my Oster Pro's which happen to be the only set of clippers that can tackle Wynter's bridle path.

Photobucket


I took one photo of him with my cell phone standing in the small barn after his hair got brushed.
I think over the week end I will do some lunging and bit’ing rig work just to get the muscles back into working correctly again. He will then get a break on Monday and if I can manage I hope to ride him Tuesday morning before my first day of speech. At least that will give me one good thing to look forward to on that day!

I found this video and it was astounding… made me nearly cry.



You can bet I have seen every one of those movies!

This one is a bit different but really makes me want to pick up dressage….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails