Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another rider....?

Today I let my cousin ride Wynter and she is not that experienced. I thought she could mange him but guessed wrong. He wouldn’t go for her with or with out spurs on. He wouldn’t go straight no matter what she did. She did get him to walk trot and canter but never in a forward straight manner. We tried and tried and after we got a bought of a good trot I jumped on him. It was like he had no shoulders. I’d add spurs and he was all over the place. It was amazing. I was stunned. He then tried to just lay into my spurs and he got jabbed for it. This made him buck and I jabbed him harder. He forgot who he was dealing with for a second! So I spent at least a half an hour trying to regain a shoulder. He would either lay into the leg or pop away from it. Talk about a huge step backwards. I have never been the type of person to decline anyone form riding my horses. I have never had any horse get ‘ruined’ but this took the cake. Maybe it was a stallion thing I am not sure but I don’t think she will be riding him any time soon.

He also couldn’t work with both spurs he could only think right using one. It was a lot of nitty gritty and a few moments where he would kick out and buck. More of less I had to make him go forward as he would shut down in a frame or position. It was irritating because I knew he could do it he just didn’t want to. I believe that he had got used to how my cousin was riding him and thought he didn’t have to do what he was told any more. Then I get on him and it is back to serious work. I rained on his parade and I am quite happy about that. Just the other day I had him at about 6 canter stride before we had to walk tonight I was doing 1 to 1 and a half before he fell apart. Not cool in the least. So we will see how he goes in the next few days. He improved drastically in the time I got on him but still a bit of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails