Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Been Awhile

It seems that I have a lot to write about! With college I found it very hard to juggle horses and school. Thus I have not done much with any of the horses in a while. I think I have ridden Wynter only a hand full of times. I feel horrible about it! He even grew a winter coat! I am in shock he is so fuzzy. I am very very ready to take the body clippers to him.

In other news we finely got a pasture set up for Wynter. The project started a while ago as some may remember I believe that I wrote about it. For some reason we left it unfinished and I was feeling bad for Wynter. Since I was not riding him he was just sitting around so I went out and fixed his pasture. I was super excited to turn him out in it for the first time and you know what he did first. Dropped his head and eat. If a horse could stuff his face he was stuffing. Talk about an all you can eat buffet! He was in horsey heaven. He then walked around for a second ate a bit more and walk toward the back of the area. Starling a bunny he leapt up into the air all four feet off the ground to take two steps and stop and eat again. He was just really into the grass. I stood around and waited for him to do something. Actually I was waiting for him to shock himself. I wanted to make sure he knew that the fence was hot. I know I am mean but he is a stallion after all. Deciding that isn’t going to happen I lead 4 of the mares up the hill. His pasture runs from the bottom of the hill by the hay barn up around Grandmas orchard and behind the house. To get to the mares pasture we have to lead up the hill and down the drive way. He didn’t see the mares till we were just passing the orchard. I slowed down to watch him. He reached his neck over the fence and got zapped good right in the neck. He resembled a reining horse as he nearly sat down to get away from it. I couldn’t help but laugh at the look on his face. He was totally looking at the fence like OUCH! What did you do that for? He was so hurt not physically but emotionally. It was hysterical.

He whinnied a bit when I turned all the mares out but settled down. I had stopped to look at him for a while a little nervous that he would bolt through the fence. He isn’t the type but I was still a little worried. Going down I got Chance and Arlo and lead them up. I brought them through the mare pasture and around to there pasture. Wynters gate and there gate are right next to each other and I didn’t want to risk Wytner biting at either of them. This was the most nerve wracking part of the whole deal. There is only one fence dividing Wynter from Arlo and Chance and Wynter if he wanted to could go through it our at least bite one of them over it. Letting Chance go first Wynter was right by the other fence across the way. Chance didn’t care and went off in another direction. Arlo on the other hand went full bore toward Wynter. I was sure he was going to get bit but Arlo did a u-turn about a foot from the fence. Again I was busting up in laughter. I yelled out at him and called him harsh! Wynter was a little puzzled but went back to his grass.

So now Wynter is the first to be turned out and the first to come in and he is a very very happy camper. He loves his pasture. He is so pretty to watch out there behind the apple trees with all his white hair. My Grandparents love watching him as he is so beautiful. My Grandfather who loves to joke about gelding him has since lighten up on the wise cracks. He has always been worried about Wynter being a stallion. He keeps saying I would like him better as a gelding. Well, now that has been seeing him on a daily basis just grazing in the pasture, I don’t here that as much anymore. I know hear how nice of a guy he is and how calm he looks along with the comments about all his hair. He has never seen much of Wynter until recently and I believe he is starting to loose the psycho stallion stereotype he once had. It make’s me think that he thought I was lying when I told him he was a good boy! Ha ha! My Grandmother is also ecstatic about seeing him out. She felt sorry for him being in his stall every day.

I was taking some photos of my Christmas presents which I have made (I won’t tell you what they are yet) when I found some photos from June. I guess mom took some with that cretin card which I never found until now. I was stocked when I found it! I thought I would post a few of my favorites!

Wynter presenting to the Judge Brandy Wagner.


Ahh I just love this photo! Uber Sexy.


Relaxed walking the cones.


Watching the stallion in front of us.


This is my fave shot. We look like we are having a conversation.


It was slightly windy making this shot look like it needs to be in a book!


This and the photo below so him being lazy but I loved his hair in them so I had to show them to you!


For the fun of it here is a photo of Wynter rolling in the round pen after a long weekend of showing. I love his lips!

On a closing note I will say that my new years resolution will be to finish school and work horses at the same time. Wynter’s vacation will be over after new years!

Happy Holidays & have a great and safe new year!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails